Purchasing the Cookbook directly from OAEC supports our educational programs and non-profit mission. Thank you!
The Occidental Arts & Ecology Center Cookbook: Fresh-from-the-Garden Recipes for Gatherings Large and Small, by the OAEC Staff Collective and former Kitchen Manager Olivia Rathbone, is a collection of inventive recipes from OAEC.
- A Foreword by Alice Waters
- Over 200 recipes based on the Mother Garden’s collection of rare, open-pollinated food crop varieties from around the world as well as “weeds” and foraged ingredients from the OAEC wildlands ecological preserve.
- Lush photographs, rich with the beauty and magic of the OAEC experience.
- Measurements for family style (4 to 6) and for crowds (30 to 40); a unique resource for potlucks, family gatherings, and community celebrations
- Civil Eats named the OAEC Cookbook one of the best food and farm books of 2015. Read the interview with Olivia in Civil Eats.
- The OAEC Cookbook Wins an International Association of Culinary Professionals Cookbook Award in the Food Matters Category! Read the Press Democrat article.
- Get the complete digital press kit from Chelsea Green Publishing.
Out of stock